- Check how many devices are connected to the Internet. Turning off devices that aren’t actively being used improves internet speed.
- Turn off unused devices
- Try restarting the router. Doing this semi-frequently helps with internet speed, especially if you haven’t rebooted in over a month.
- See instructions below
How to Restart (Reboot) Your Internet
- Find your router — look for blinking lights. (See diagram)
- Find the PoE (Power Over Ethernet) box connected to the router. It is the size of a deck of cards. (See diagram)
- Unplug the PoE box from the wall outlet.
- Unplug the router itself.
- Watch the lights stop blinking and turn off. After 30 seconds, plug the cords back into the PoE box and test to see if your internet has resumed working. Note: It’s extremely important to wait the full 30 seconds.
It’s normal to reboot once a month. If you are restarting/rebooting more than once a week or if you are still running into slow-internet problems after your reboot, call us at (855) 947-7743. (Open Monday–Friday, 8AM–6PM | Saturday, 9AM–1PM)